CONTEMPLATIONS from a
. . . L A O - R E N . . .

thoughts... musings... ponders... reflections... dreams...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A kid trapped in an aging body...

Sunday, August 21, 2005

(Not Quite) Everything About Japan

Guten Tag! Wie geht es Ihnen? Auf Wiedersehen.

It's not the first time I regretted taking up German lessons when I was in my first year in Polytechnic. I mean, what's the point of knowing the German language when you have practically NO opportunities to practise it in your everyday life (except maybe to impress the opposite sex over the bar counter with perfect pronounication whilst ordering German beer; on second thoughts, I doubt anybody even cares...)?

To be honest, besides the few basic greetings up there, I'm only capable of reciting 1 to 10 in the German language...
Excuse me, it HAS been awhile since my Poly days, ahem!

On the other hand, if only I had went the more popular route of taking up Japanese instead, my my my, that would be entirely a different story!

First of all, I wouldn't need to endure crappy translations while enjoying my
favourite Anime series. For once, I would be able to concentrate on watching
the Anime
instead of reading the subtitles... Hell, I could even
churn out English-Sub Anime series myself! Wouldn't that be great?!

Second, I wouldn't have so much trouble searching for Transformer toys from Yahoo Auctions Japan. Just imagine the time I can save over my current system of viewing every, single, damn item ever listed...

Third, strolling along Orchard and shopping at Takashimaya will be a totally different experience, what with the potential chance of hooking up with those fantastic, yummy Jap gals!

Fourth, ordering food in a Jap restaurant will never be an embarrassing experience no more, not that I'm really into Jap food, but apparently most members of the opposite sex are great fans of raw fish.

And last of all, there's no way a pair of polite Japanese salesgirls could ever gossip to each other in front of you, on how skinny your backside is when you are shopping in Japan, without you being able to shoot back a smart comment in their own language and watching how their face contorted instantly into impossible expressions.


Sayonara!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Konnichi wa baka aniki

muahahaha~

at least both of you know a bit of german. I know nothing -.- Wanna learn during poly also cannot 'cuz timetable clash.

Faster go learn Japaneses. Now.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home