CONTEMPLATIONS from a
. . . L A O - R E N . . .

thoughts... musings... ponders... reflections... dreams...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A kid trapped in an aging body...

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Post Number ONE

I've always been regarded as the technological geek among my friends. Why then am I starting a blog in the latter half of 2005? It's the year 2005 my dear Lao Ren... Hmm, I guess my dominating era has finally passed.

Looking at things carefully, I admit that I may INDEED be kinda backwards when it comes to the latest electrical gizmos...

  • my PC is still running on an AMD Athlon 2400xp
  • my phone is the camera-less Samsung S500
  • my portable gaming device is the already outdated Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP
  • I don't even own any portable music devices!!
  • and my camera is the out-of-production Nikon Coolpix 5700...

Speaking of my camera... the darn thing died on me last night. Somehow or the other, it's totally unable to admit light. (YES! I've removed the lens cover thank you!) I'm glad that it's still under Harvey Norman's extended 3 year warranty though. To be honest, I really hope that it's beyond economical repair, then HN will have to compensate me with another camera at the same purchase value!
That's a cool S$1800+! Haha! I can literally smell the Nikon D50....

Should I get the D50 or the D70s? I find bulky cameras troublesome... maybe I should get the Panasonic FX-9 instead.... NOoooo way! Not another P-N-S camera! Well, so much for the first entry in my spanking new blog!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, a "lao you zhi" indeed. This is my so-very-the-nice kor who likes to bully my sweet and kind sister-in-law.
Anyway, thanks to this technological geek , I'm pulled into the Anime world and various computer/gba games etc.
Ehh... you outdated? Fear the whines of your ke ai de mei². You don't own any portable music device? I thought you can *sing* to yourself right...

Saa... update more so I can spam your blog more. ‹insert evil laughter here› That's all for now, ja ne.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home