CONTEMPLATIONS from a
. . . L A O - R E N . . .

thoughts... musings... ponders... reflections... dreams...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A kid trapped in an aging body...

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Being 19

How does it feel being 19 years of age? Unfortunately, I'm afraid that my memory doesn't stretch that far back...
Today, however, is my youngest sister's 19th birthday (yep, we are separated by a 10-year generation gap, haha!).

MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY, SIS!

It has always been a challenge for my 'the-other-sis' and me to decide what to get for our 'kid sis', especially since the both of us seem perpetually broke all the time. This year though, we had a huge sponsor chipping in our , in the form of, MUM!
In the end, we (or rather I) decided to get little sis a brand, spanking new handphone. The poor thing has been using a non-colour brick of a phone since... dunno how many years ago, and I really can't imagine holding that brick next to my ear when it rang when I'm at Orchard Road! I'm pretty sure that many other 19-year-olds out there would very much rather bury their faces in the nearest rubbish bin than to be seen with that thing!

Anyway, we finally decided on getting a Nokia with a budget of about S$200 (big sponsor come out S$100, me and sis come out S$50 each, haha!). So, I was checking out the various phones at Singtel while the b-day girl was sitting comfortably at home, lemonade in hand, surfing the Net browsing at the different models... I was secretly hoping that she'll decide on the stainless steel 6170 clam shell but lo and behold! It's the out-dated 7260 that finally gets her vote! I was like thinking, 'hell! why the f**k did she want a phone with such outdated specifications?!' Why, the 7260 can't even play mp3 tunes for ringtones (by the way, I ain't sure if the 6170 can do that either...)! Good Gracious!

Nonetheless, despite my protests, like my big sponsor said, 'It's not YOUR Birthday...'

That shut me up.

So being the wonderful and obedient male-maid that I am, I dutifully got my queue number to make the purchase, and here it is...





It's exactly 2 weeks ago when I send in my Nikon cam for repairs. I was then told that it'll be ready in 2-3 weeks. I figure that since nobody from either Harvey Norman nor Nikon called during this period of 14 days, the chance percentage of my cam being un-repairable and I being compensated with a D50 is getting just 0.001% above 0%... sighz...



More Transformers news! I got this today! It's a licensed copy of Transformers Generation One 20th Anniversay 25 DVD Boxset from China! Woohoo! There are an incredible total of 99 episodes! Good to last me through 40 odd hours in front of the TV! Yippee! Now wouldn't it be great if they do the same thing to the M.A.S.K. series?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, thanks very much bro! *bows alot*
Ai yah, i scared later cost too much mah, i will pai seh de. Kekeke!
Lalala! Really thanks a lot for the phone and the *cough* additional $20 :D

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home