CONTEMPLATIONS from a
. . . L A O - R E N . . .

thoughts... musings... ponders... reflections... dreams...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A kid trapped in an aging body...

Sunday, August 14, 2005

S I N G A P O R E

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!

Hell, it's already 5 days after our 40th National Day and yet here I am, slow as a tortoise (I prefer tortoise as compared to snails cos slugs are just way too slimy for my taste...), having my own private celebrations when everyone else had already moved on with their lives...

Thinking back, you can't exactly blame me... While most of the population were sleeping late on 9th August, I was already up and running at 0500 hours preheating my ship's 4 huge engines. Yep, we were sailing on National Day, and yep, I was on duty the day before.

Now, just excuse me a moment while I go renew my loyalty vows for my country... hmm, ahem, I wonder where I can go download a copy of our Pledge, I can't seem to remember the whole passage...
... ok, forget it, celebrations are meant to be jolly, and reciting Pledges are, after all pretty serious business... I'll lighten up a bit by singing our latest NDP pop song, good idea eh?! Now, what's Stefanie Sun Yan Zi's song contribution for 2005???


It's being reported finally in today's Sunday Times that our dear old man Nathan the Mr President will be serving his second term as our Lao Da. Gee, free housing right smack in the middle of Orchard Road, free unlimited-number-of-course meals, free chauffeured-driven limousine, free body guards... what more can one ask for?
On a more serious note, I really wonder how our Lao Da took care of himself. It's really a wonder that he's still so healthy physically, and more importantly, mentally at his age; when dozens other old men (and women) are already senile and drooling from their mouths...


My collection of 'More Than Meets The Eye - Robots In The Sky', err, Robots are given a boost this week with the addition of Hard Hero's Unicron Statue. Wider, thicker in depth and just approximately 10cm shorter than my Car Robots' Brave Max (I'm talking about the box in case you are lost...), this is one mean customer indeed! Know what the best thing is? It only costs me USD$69.99! Isn't that a steal?! Unfortunately the shipping charges almost killed me...

The main star, however is my SCF PVC Act 3 Clear Fortress Maximus who's a chase figure. Notice the little transparent guy down there at the bottom right corner? Yep, that's him! That little thing down there complements my Act 3 and currently, I'm just short of the regular figures from Act 6 and the chase figures from Acts 9 and 10.

Besides the giant and the dwarf, I also managed to lay my hands on Kicker with Highwire from OG Bugis at just S$11.90. Makes me glad that I didn't commit myself to the ridiculous S$20 Yahoo Auctions offers.
Robotmasters' Skywarp & Thundercracker actually pretty cool, except for the fact that the box is really crappy and totally cannot blend in with the rest of the RM collection! Sucks!
The last significant addition is the God Fire Sword from JD Productions. It is an almost perfect piece of work besides the fact that it's frighteningly fragile...


What's the best thing to do on a Sunday for someone with an empty wallet? I'm talking about myself lah...
Even though pay day's barely a week ago, yet I'm already broke... sighz... I guess this' as good a time as any to catch up on the numerous anime series that I've downloaded and left rotting within the confine platters of my various harddisks... ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home